Skip the stove and whip up a quick bowl of popcorn in minutes, using your instant pot! Easy, less mess, and easier to contain than a pot. Delicious and perfect popcorn every time.
- 1/4 cup Popcorn Kernels
- 1 tablespoon Neutral Oil (avocado oil)
- Set your pot on saute and immediately place the oil inside your instant pot.
- Allow the oil to heat up for about 2 minutes, or until your instant pot displays the word “hot” before placing your popcorn kernels in the pot.
- Stir for about 1 minute before putting a lid on the top you can see through.
- In about 2-3 minutes of heating, while covered, you will start to hear the popcorn kernels popping.
- Let it pop for about 5 minutes or until most of the kernels have popped. Serve and enjoy!
- You’ll want to be able to see your popcorn kernels to ensure they’re not burning after a couple of minutes of popping. If you don’t have a glass lid, you’ll want to check every once in a while, under the lid.
- If your popcorn kernels are older, they may not seem stale to you, but older kernels will not pop well, if at all, in the instant pot. Use fresh kernels.
- We used avocado oil, which resulted in some luscious popcorn. However, you can use any oil you have on hand.
- To get a more even pop, after every minute of popping, stir the popcorn or shake your instant pot to move around the popcorn. Unpopped kernels like to sometimes rest on already popped popcorn, which results in them not getting enough heat to pop. Moving the popcorn around helps these unpopped kernels get better heat.
- If you want buttery popcorn, you can add 1 tablespoon of butter with the oil. Once it’s melted, you can add your popcorn kernels.