Craving a warm and hearty breakfast just for you? Check out our baked oats recipe for one! With a blend of oats, your favorite fruits, and milk, you can whip up this personalized treat in no time.
- 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk or Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 6 tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- Topping: 1/2 teaspoon Sugar + 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon mixed (save for the top before baking)
- Maple Syrup or Honey to be drizzled on the top once baked and out of the oven
- Berries (optional)
- Pecans or Walnuts on top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly grease a baking dish that can hold about 1-2 cups. For this step use the Souper Cubes Square Baking Dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the 6 tablespoons of egg whites, ½ cup applesauce, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Next, stir in ½ cup oats and mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking dish and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the oats are set and lightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before eating.
- Top your baked oats with fresh berries, chopped nuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup!
- Enjoy your delicious and nutritious baked oats!