This Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Bowl for One is the perfect healthy recipe that you can make for yourself whenever you’re craving something delicious but don’t have much time to make it.
For the Bowl
- 4–5 ounces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, cubed
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, sliced
- 1 Green Onion
- 1/2 Small Zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pineapple, cubed (or pineapple chunks from the can)
- 1/2 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- Green Onions (for garnish)
- Sesame Seeds (for garnish)
For the Sauce
- 1/8 cup Coconut Aminos (substitute: Light Soy Sauce – if not gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/4 bulb Ginger minced (substitute: 1/2 tsp ginger seasoning)
- 1 clove Garlic, minced (substitute: 1/2 tsp garlic seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Arrowroot Powder (substitute: cornstarch)
For the Rice
- 1/2 cup Jasmine Rice (or Brown Rice)
- Cut the chicken breast into 1.5 inch cubes and set aside.
- Slice vegetables and cube pineapple into bite-sized pieces and set aside. While chopping separate the green from the white part of the green onion.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking ingredients (except the arrowroot powder) together in a small bowl. Add the arrowroot powder at the end and allow the sauce to thicken.
- In a large skillet, heat ½ tablespoon avocado oil on medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is fully heated, add the cubed chicken and cook thoroughly until browned (about 5 minutes on each side).
- Push chicken to the side of the hot skillet and add the white parts of the green onion, bell peppers, zucchini, and pineapple to the skillet until softened and seared.
- Then add the teriyaki sauce to the skillet and stir until the sauce thickens and becomes sticky.
- Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Eat and enjoy!