If you’re a chocolate lover, then you know there’s nothing quite like indulging in a rich and moist slice of double chocolate cake. But what if you don’t want to make a full-sized cake? Fear not, for we have the best recipe for baking a small batch double chocolate loaf cake that’s sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
3 large eggs
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup brewed coffee
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp coarse salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup small dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F/160 C. Grease a 9” x 5”/22.5cm x 12.5cm loaf pan and place a strip of baking parchment long ways.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl combine the eggs and the sugar. Whisk until smooth and syrupy.
- Add the oil and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and beat until no lumps remain.
- Add the coffee. Whisk to incorporate.
- Stir in the flour mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack and allowing to cool completely.
Can be stored tightly wrapped in the fridge for up to 3 days.