This bowl is very much like a Vietnamese summer roll in a bowl. We’re talking tender chicken that’s coated in a sticky-sweet sauce and finished off with a hit of heat from the sriracha. That is paired with plenty of fresh ingredients and crunchy peanuts for added texture and flavor. It’s essentially everything we could ever want in a bowl. And it only takes 20 minutes to make an easy dinner for one.
For the Bowls
- 4–5 ounces Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 3 ounces Thin Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 1 small Leaf Lettuce
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Small Carrot (julienned)
- 1 Mini Cucumber (julienned)
- 1/8 cup Peanuts (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Lime (for garnish)
- Fresh Mint Leaves (for garnish)
- 1/8 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder
- 1 Garlic Clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Warm Water (or more to thin the sauce to desired consistency)
- Start by marinating the chicken in a bowl with the marinade for 10 minutes.
- Wash and prep your vegetables. Chop the lettuce and julienne the carrots and cucumber. Set all veggie toppings aside.
- Begin preparing your spicy peanut sauce. In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, grated ginger, minced garlic, garlic chili sauce, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, and warm water. Add more water as needed to thin the sauce to desired consistency. Mix until evenly combined.
- Once the chicken is finished marinating, heat a cast iron pan to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Once fully heated, add chicken and cover with lid. Cook 10 minutes on each side. Keep the lid on so it doesn’t dry out the chicken.
- In a large pan, get water boiling for the noodles. Boil the noodles as per package instructions.
- Begin assembling your vermicelli noodle bowls. Add the noodles, lettuce, cilantro, carrots, cucumber, and chicken.
- Add chopped peanuts, lime wedges, and fresh mint leaves.
- Pour the sauce over and enjoy!