Our Blackberry Chicken Salad is a refreshing take on the classic salad. Brimming with juicy blackberries, succulent grilled chicken, crunchy walnuts, and a homemade tangy vinaigrette, it’s a symphony of flavors and textures. Quick and easy to prepare, this salad is not just a side dish but a hearty meal in itself, offering a perfect blend of health and taste.
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 8 oz chicken breasts
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a medium bowl, add ½ cup blackberries and use a fork to mash blackberries. Add the remaining dressing ingredients except for the salt and pepper to the smashed blackberries. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Prep your veggies. Chop your red onion and avocado into slices.
- Season your chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder until coated (to taste).
- Grill or saute the chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fully cooked through. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the spring mix lettuce. Arrange the blackberries, avocado, red onion, and walnuts on top of the bed of lettuce.
- Slice the cooked chicken and set it over the salad. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
- Soy sauce can be used as an alternative to coconut aminos if you are not following a gluten free diet.
- Store any remaining dressing in the fridge for 2-3 days.