Looking for a delicious and easy dessert? Look no further than this single serving apple crisp dessert made right in your air fryer! This recipe is perfect for anyone who doesn’t want to make a whole batch of dessert, or for anyone who wants a delicious and individualized treat.
For Apple Base
- 1 Small Apple (peeled and sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Flour
- Nutmeg (Optional)
For Crisp Topping
- 2 tablespoons Flour
- 3 tablespoons Oats
- 1.5 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Wash, peel, and core your apple. (Skip peeling your apple if you don’t mind the skin)
- On a cutting board, cut your apple into bite sized pieces removing the core as you go.
- In a small bowl mix the lemon juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Add your apple pieces to the bowl and coat them with the mixture.
- Spray your ramekin with cooking spray and add your apple mixture to the ramekin.
- In the same bowl combine your flour, oats, brown sugar, butter, and a few sprinkles of cinnamon. Use a fork or your hands to work the mixture into a streusel like topping. This will seem kind of crumbly.
- Add this topping on top of the apples in the ramekin.
- Place your ramekin into the air fryer basket and set to cook for 12-15 minutes (depending on your air fryer).
- Carefully remove your ramekin from the air fryer (it will be very hot!)
- Enjoy this single serve dessert right way by itself or top with some ice cream, whipped cream, and/or caramel sauce.
- Skip peeling your apple if you don’t mind the skin
- Oven Instructions: To make this recipe in the oven preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Then use the steps above: prep your apples, prepare your crisp and add to your ramekin. Add your ramekin to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until your crisp is bubbly and your apples are tender.
- Microwave Instructions: To make easy microwave apple crisp follow all of the preparation steps above: dicing your apples, adding your crisp topping, and then microwave in your ramekin for 2 minutes to soften your apples. Once your apples are soft remove from the microwave and add your crisp topping. Add the ramekin back to the microwave and add an additional 2 minutes to the dessert until it’s bubbly.