Whip up this Strawberry Lime Chia Pudding for a delightful breakfast twist. Bursting with the zesty tang of lime and the sweetness of strawberries, it’s not just a treat for the palate but also a nutrition-packed start to your day. Made with simple ingredients and minimal steps, it’s the perfect meal prep breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cup/355ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup/95g chia seeds
- 2–3 tbsp/30-45ml maple syrup*
- 1 tsp/1g lime zest
- 1 cup/150g fresh strawberries (or frozen and mostly defrosted)
- 2 tsp/10ml lime juice
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk and maple syrup. Add the lime zest and whisk.
- Add the chia seeds and whisk.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Trim the tops off the strawberries. Combine in a bowl with the lime juice and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth (or puree in a regular blender).
- Once chia mixture has started to thicken, give the mixture another whisk and distribute into serving dishes leaving ½”/12mm or more space at the top of the container.
- Pour a layer of strawberry puree on top of the chia.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Serve with cut fruit, coconut flakes, granola, or a drizzle of maple syrup.
*Use more maple syrup for a more dessert like chia pudding. If you like puddings really sweet, you can go up to 4 tbsp/60ml maple syrup.