Kickstart your day with a healthy, tasty breakfast that won’t make you late! Our strawberry lime chia pudding meal prep recipe is here to revolutionize your mornings. Say goodbye to skipping breakfast or settling for a bland, uncomplicated meal. With the sweetness of strawberries, the zing of lime, and the nutritional powerhouse that is chia seeds, you’ve got a champion breakfast that can be prepared ahead of time.
Store these in cute mason jars and your fridge will have delicious, ready-to-eat breakfasts! You’ll love the extra time you’ll find in your morning routine. Get ready for some breakfast love with our strawberry lime chia pudding.
What is Strawberry Lime Chia Pudding?
Strawberry Lime Chia Pudding is a delicious, nutritious and easy-to-make breakfast, dessert, or snack. It’s a perfect example of a healthy treat that doesn’t compromise on taste.
The main ingredients of Strawberry Lime Chia Pudding are chia seeds, milk, strawberries, lime, and a sweetener like honey or maple syrup. Chia seeds are a superfood that provide great health benefits like a substantial amount of fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, high protein, vitamins, and minerals. When mixed with a liquid, chia seeds expand and develop a gel-like consistency, which gives the pudding its unique texture.
In our Strawberry Lime Chia Pudding, the tartness of the lime beautifully balances the sweetness of the strawberry flavor. One of the best things about this pudding is its versatility. You can enjoy it as a sweet treat, a snack, or even breakfast. You can also top it with a variety of toppings like nuts, granola, or extra fruit to add even more flavor and texture.
Ingredients Needed for This Simple Recipe
Let’s talk about the ingredients you’ll need to make this healthy and delicious breakfast. You’ll be pleasantly surprised to know that you only need a few simple ingredients:
Ingredients you’ll need for this recipe
Equipment Needed For This Recipe
In terms of equipment, you don’t need anything fancy to whip up this meal prep. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mason Jars or Glasses (for serving and storing)
- A Large Bowl
- A Whisk or a Spoon
- A Measuring Cup
- A Zester
- Immersion Blender
Step-by-step Guide to Making Easy Strawberry Chia Pudding
Here’s a step-by-step guide that will help you whip up your very own delicious strawberry chia pudding recipe. See the detailed list of ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below.
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
Making chia pudding is pretty straightforward, but here are a few tips and tricks to ensure you get perfect results every time:
- Make sure to stir the chia seeds well when you mix them with the milk to avoid clumping.
- To get a smooth and creamy texture, blend the soaked chia seeds with the milk before adding the other ingredients.
- If you prefer your pudding sweeter, feel free to add more maple syrup or sweetener.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we’ll address some common questions people often have about making and enjoying chia pudding.
How to Store and Keep Fresh
Storing your strawberry chia seed pudding is a breeze. Simply store in an airtight container by covering the jar or glass with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate it. It can stay fresh for up to 5 days. Just give it a good stir before eating!
Let’s Make This Easy Recipe
Break away from the monotony of busy mornings with traditional breakfast options with our tangy, sweet, and nutrition-packed strawberry lime chia pudding meal prep!
This pudding is the breakfast superhero you didn’t know you needed. It’s tastefully intriguing, seamlessly simple to make, and versatile to fit into your meal prep schedules. Trust us, breakfast will suddenly become your favorite meal of the day! Check out our other chocolate chia pudding recipe here for another tasty way to enjoy the benefits of chia seeds.Print
Whip up this Strawberry Lime Chia Pudding for a delightful breakfast twist. Bursting with the zesty tang of lime and the sweetness of strawberries, it’s not just a treat for the palate but also a nutrition-packed start to your day. Made with simple ingredients and minimal steps, it’s the perfect meal prep breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cup/355ml coconut milk
- 1/2 cup/95g chia seeds
- 2–3 tbsp/30-45ml maple syrup*
- 1 tsp/1g lime zest
- 1 cup/150g fresh strawberries (or frozen and mostly defrosted)
- 2 tsp/10ml lime juice
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk and maple syrup. Add the lime zest and whisk.
- Add the chia seeds and whisk.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Trim the tops off the strawberries. Combine in a bowl with the lime juice and use an immersion blender to puree until smooth (or puree in a regular blender).
- Once chia mixture has started to thicken, give the mixture another whisk and distribute into serving dishes leaving ½”/12mm or more space at the top of the container.
- Pour a layer of strawberry puree on top of the chia.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Serve with cut fruit, coconut flakes, granola, or a drizzle of maple syrup.
*Use more maple syrup for a more dessert like chia pudding. If you like puddings really sweet, you can go up to 4 tbsp/60ml maple syrup.