Looking for a tasty breakfast that you can prep ahead of time? This breakfast egg bake meal prep is just for you! It has all the flavors of a classic hash brown egg bake casserole in a convenient single-serve meal that you can make ahead for a quick breakfast.
Why This Meal prep Works
This egg bake meal prep is so versatile that you can re-purpose it as an afternoon snack or as a quick lunch. It’s simple to make ahead of time, store in the fridge and reheat or eat at room temperature when hunger strikes. Pair this simply hash brown breakfast casserole (made with Simply Potatoes) with some whole grain toast and a glass of orange juice for a wholesome breakfast or serve with a leafy salad and fruit for an appetizing lunch or light dinner. This scrumptious egg bake meal prep is going to hit the spot! It takes just 35 minutes from start to finish to make, and you can store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Ingredients needed for this Meal Prep
You just need a few simple ingredients to make this easy breakfast casserole in individual servings:
- Egg Whites
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Simply Shredded Hash browns (or Potatoes) (substitute: sweet potatoes)
- Jimmy Dean’s Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- Red Bell Pepper, diced
- Green Bell Pepper, diced
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
You can substitute the turkey sausage crumbles for any other breakfast sausage you prefer like pork sausage, Italian sausage, or a vegetarian sausage version.
You can also substitute your favorite toppings for any of those we have suggested. You can use mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, goat cheese, or pepper jack cheese instead of sharp cheddar cheese. Or you can substitute a vegan cheese.
Equipment needed for This Meal Prep
You need just a few pieces of equipment to make this meal prep. You’ll need:
- Souper Cubes – 1 Cup Trays
- Meal Prep Containers – Airtight Container option
- A Large Bowl
- Cutting Board
We love using Souper Cubes for these Egg Bakes because it keeps the egg bakes individual as a meal prep or a single-serve breakfast. You can also bake directly in these Souper Cubes or freeze them for later. Shop directly with Souper Cubes for 10% off your first order when you join the Souper Cubes mailing list or purchase these on Amazon.
How to make a Breakfast Egg Bake Meal Prep
The Best Way To Store Your Egg Bake Meal Prep
Your egg bake meal prep will last in the fridge for up to 5 days for breakfast the whole week. You can also freeze the individual portions of the simply hash brown casserole for up to 4 months in your freezer and re-heat each piece as you need them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s Make A Breakfast Egg Bake Meal Prep
Preparing this egg bake in advance is great because it means you only need to spend 30 minutes on Sunday morning getting your breakfast meal prep ready. Just make your mini hashbrown egg bake casserole and store it in your refrigerator until you’re ready to heat it up again. Because this recipe has a limited number of servings there will be less waste and less food fatigue if you want to eat something else for breakfast.
If you love egg bakes as much as we do, you’re going to love this egg bake meal prep. This is our go-to recipe when we need a quick, easy, healthy and nutritious make-ahead breakfast. Enjoy!
Looking for a tasty breakfast that you can prep ahead of time? This breakfast egg bake meal prep is just for you! It has all the flavors of a classic hash brown egg bake casserole in a convenient single-serve meal that you can make ahead for a quick breakfast. This small batch recipe makes just 4 servings to stay fresh in the fridge all week.
- 8 Eggs
- 1/3 cup Egg Whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3/4 cup Simply Shredded Hashbrowns
- 3/4 cup Jimmy Dean’s Turkey Sausage Crumbles
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F and set aside the Souper Cubes 1-cup tray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, and seasonings. Mix until fully incorporated. Once the eggs are scrambled, mix in the rest of the ingredients for the filling.
- Using a ladle or spoon, pour the egg mixture into the Souper Cubes tray and fill each well about ¾ full. Make sure not to overfill it as the eggs expand when baking and may overflow if filled past the 250 ml line.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 F or until the eggs have firmed and are no longer runny. There should be no wet areas on top of the eggs.
- When it has finished baking, let it cool in the trays for 15 minutes before removing it. They should easily pop right out by gently pushing the silicone bottoms up.
- Serve with a side of fresh spinach and berries. Enjoy!
- We filled these about ¼ inch below the 250 ml line to prevent overflowing in the Souper Cubes
- This recipe makes 4 servings in the 1-cup Souper Cube trays