Sheet pan hamburgers are a delicious and easy way to enjoy this iconic American dish at home. This sheet pan burger recipe for one allows you to bake both a juicy burger and french fries on one sheet pan. This simple modification makes it the easiest way to have a good individual burger at home with less mess, minimal prep, and easy cleanup.
Pick a burger night and let’s start making this easy dinner! The only issue is that you might want to have left overs for this meal. Either way, it will be one of your go-to recipes for a quick weeknight dinner.
Why this recipe works
Prep time is quick and cleanup is a snap because you can skip the mess of pan frying burgers through this baking process but still produce a great burger. These single serving sheet pan hamburgers are the perfect solution for a quick meal! You can also top your hamburger meat with cheese slices at the end to make this a cheese burger recipe.
ingredients needed for oven baked Hamburgers and Fries
To make sheet pan hamburgers and fries for one you’ll need just a few ingredients:
- Lean Ground Beef (90% lean, 10% fat)
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cooking Spray Oil
- Frozen French Fries or Sweet Potato Fries
- Hamburger Bun
Lean Ground Beef: For this recipe I like using 90/10 lean ground beef. Mostly to keep the burgers both moist and have a little less fat runoff while cooking these on the baking sheet. You can also use 97/4 lean ground beef in this recipe if you can find it.
Worcestershire Sauce: This will add another level of seasoning and savoriness to the burger. If you can’t find Worcestershire sauce you can substitute steak sauce.
Frozen French Fries: You can use any type of frozen fry in this recipe. I think shoestring and steak fries work the best for even cooking.
Spray Cooking Oil: Look for the version that only has one ingredient and no propellants. For this recipe I’m using avocado spray oil because it can bake or air fry at a higher temperature.
equipment needed to make sheet pan Hamburgers
- Sheet Pan (Quarter Sheet) or Cookie sheet
- Cooling Rack/Wire Rack
- Aluminum Foil or Parchment Paper
- Meat Thermometer
- Souper Cubes (for left over meat storage)
How to make sheet pan Hamburgers for One
Storage and Leftover Ingredient Tips
Ground Beef: You will have extra lean ground beef from this recipe if you purchased your beef in a 1 pound package. The best way to store your extra beef will be in the refrigerator for another single serve recipe or freeze in Souper Cubes for a pre-portion serving later.
Buns: Buns usually come in a pack of 6-8. The smallest package I have found at the grocery store is a small pack of 4. You can freeze the other 3 if you are able to find a pack of 4. You also have the option of buying one bun at a grocery store with a bakery for this recipe.
It’s Oven Baked Burger Time
These oven baked burgers are a game changer! They are a delicious and easy way to enjoy this iconic American dish at home. This single serving recipe makes one large burger, perfect for one person. The best part? You can do the prep work in the morning, then enjoy a delicious burger for dinner!
Sheet pan hamburgers are a delicious and easy way to enjoy this iconic American dish at home. This sheet pan burger recipe for one allows you to bake both a juicy burger and french fries on one sheet pan for an individual burger at home with less mess, minimal prep, and easy cleanup.
- 4–5 ounces lean ground beef (90% lean, 10% fat)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Frozen french fries
- Cooking spray oil
- 1 Hamburger bun
- 1–2 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 slice of cheese (or pepper jack or cheese of choice)
- jalapeno slices (optional)
- 1/8 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (depending on preferred spice)
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F
- Cover a sheet pan with foil and place a cooling rack on top of the sheet pan.
- Mix the lean ground beef with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Form a patty and season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until evenly coated.
- Shape the meat into one burger patty and add your thumb print in the middle
- Place on the sheet pan
- Add your serving of frozen fries to the sheet pan. Spray with cooking oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 155˚F (for medium), or bake for 25-30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 160-165F (for medium well to well done)
- As the patties cook, wash and prep your vegetables. Slice the tomato, onions, and lettuce and mix your burger sauce.
- Remove from oven and allow burgers to rest for 5 minutes to continue cooking
- If adding cheese to your burger add this now and allow it to melt from the residual heat of the burger.
- Plate the burger patty on your bun with the toppings and fries and enjoy!
- For a Medium Burger: Bake for 15-20 minutes (cooking time), or until the internal temperature reaches 155˚F (for medium)
- For a Medium Well to Well Done Burger: Bake for 25-30 minutes (cooking time) until the internal temperature reaches 160-165F
Keywords: oven baked burger recipe, sheetpan cheeseburger, baked hamburger