Craving a quick and delectable vegan dessert? Our Vegan Vanilla Mug Cake is the answer! Indulge in its rich, classic flavor as you savor a light, fluffy cake adorned with fresh fruit. This incredible recipe is unbelievably simple and speedy, using just a handful of basic ingredients. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan baker or simply love the taste of vanilla, give this mug cake a whirl.
For the cake:
- 5 tbsp/38g all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp/38g granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp/2g baking powder
- Pinch/1g salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp/38ml vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp/60ml almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 tsp/3ml vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup/55g frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp/30ml fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp/13g granulated sugar
Make the cake:
- In a large measuring cup or small bowl, combine the flour, granulated sugar, salt, and baking powder. Stir with a fork to evenly combine everything.
- Add the almond milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Stir with a fork or a small whisk until smooth, making sure to scrape the side and corners to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
- Pour into an ungreased, 12oz/336ml microwave safe mug.
- Microwave on full power for 90 seconds to 2 minutes. Timing depends on strength of microwave – very cheap/low watt microwaves may need up to 2 ½ minutes until the edges are no longer batter.
- Allow cake to cool for at least 5 minutes before eating.
Make the sauce:
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, combine the raspberries, orange juice, and sugar.
- Microwave for 1 minute until everything is soft. Stir combine.
- Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes in 60 second intervals until sauce is close to desired consistency. Sauce will thicken slightly as it cools so don’t cook it too far.
- Drizzle sauce over cake to serve.