Imagine starting your day with a twist on a fun breakfast classic. That’s exactly what this croissant waffle recipe is – a popular fusion of a French style croissant and a Belgian waffle.
This recipe (also known as the Tik Tok Croffle) went viral for a reason. Croissant Waffles are a creative blend of two breakfast favorites, resulting in a dish that’s both familiar and new. If you’ve been searching for a unique breakfast dish that’s both indulgent and easy to prepare, then you’ll want to make this!
What are Croissant Waffles or Croffles?
Croissant waffles are a delicious hybrid of buttery, flaky croissants with buttery layers and the crisp, sweetness of a Belgian waffle. They are made by pressing croissant dough in a waffle iron, resulting in a breakfast treat that’s crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and yummy in every bite.
The beauty of these waffles is that they combine the best elements of two classic dishes. You get the delicacy and richness of the croissant, paired with the crunch and sweetness of a waffle. This is a breakfast dish that is perfect to make as a special treat for yourself on a lazy weekend morning.
Main Ingredients Required
Creating the perfect croissant waffles starts with gathering the right ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Crescent Roll Dough: This is the star of the show. To keep this simple and buy premade croissant dough from the grocery store. We like the store-bought croissant dough in the refrigerated section. Keep in mind that this MUST BE unbaked croissant dough used in this recipe.
- Butter: Used to grease the waffle iron and to add that buttery taste to your waffles. Substitute: Cooking Spray
- Powdered Sugar: For dusting on top of the finished waffles.
- Your Favorite Toppings: We used fresh berries, drizzle of syrup, chocolate chips, melted chocolate, and whipped cream.
To make croffles you need minimal equipment!
The main item you need is a waffle iron! We have some suggested irons that work well for this recipe listed below.You want to make sure the size of your waffle maker is about medium so that your croffles fit.
Tools you’ll need
Step-by-Step Guide to Making This Easy Croffle Recipe
Now, let’s get down to the fun part – making your croissant waffles. Follow these simple steps to create your mouthwatering croffles:
Tips for the Perfect Croissant Waffles
To make your croissant waffles even more perfect, here are some tips:
- Do not overcook: Croissant waffles should be golden and crispy, not dark and hard. Keep a close eye on your waffles as they cook.
- Use a good quality waffle iron: A good waffle iron will ensure even cooking and a perfect shape for your waffles.
- Experiment with toppings: The beauty of croissant waffles is that they can be paired with a variety of toppings. Try different fruits, syrups, and even savory options like cheese and ham.
Serving Suggestions for Croissant Waffles
Croissant waffles can be enjoyed in various ways depending on your personal preferences. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Serve them as a delicious breakfast or brunch option alongside a cup of freshly brewed coffee or tea.
- For a sweet treat, try adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of your warm croffles for a delightful dessert.
- Pair them with a side of crispy bacon or sausage for a savory and sweet combination.
- Create a beautiful brunch spread by serving your croissant waffles alongside a selection of fresh fruits, yogurt, and granola.
- Dust your sweet croffles with powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup or chocolate sauce.
- Create nutella croffles by adding nutella or hazelnut spread on top.
- Top your croffle with peanut butter for a nutty variation.
- For a savory croffle try topping your waffles with ham and cheese, or smoked salmon and cream cheese.
Common Mistakes While Making These Simple Croffles
Despite being a relatively simple dish, there are a few common mistakes people make when preparing croissant waffles. Here are some tips to avoid them:
- Overcrowding the waffle iron: This can result in unevenly cooked waffles. Make sure to only place one croissant in the center of the iron.
- Not preheating the iron: A preheated iron ensures that your waffles cook evenly and acquire that perfect golden color.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
You may have a few questions about this croissant waffle recipe. Let’s address some.
Let’s Make Some Croffles
If you’re ever in a rut wondering what to whip up for a quick breakfast, remember the mighty Croffle. It’s not just a meal; it’s an experience that brings a little joy and a lot of flavor to your morning.
So, grab that croissant dough, fire up your waffle iron, and let’s make breakfast the best part of your day.Print
Get ready to fall in love with breakfast again with this super easy Croissant Waffle (Croffle) recipe! It’s all about bringing a little bit of French flair and Belgian coziness right to your kitchen table.
- 1 Package of Crescent Rolls (refrigerated)
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Strawberries
- Whipped Cream
- Start by allowing all the croissants to defrost at room temperature if working with frozen dough. This will ensure that they are soft and pliable for the waffle iron. If you are working with pre-made dough from the refrigerator section you can skip this step.
- If you are using the packaged flat dough, roll the dough into a croissant shape.
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Butter or spray your waffle iron with cooking oil.
- Put each croissant in the waffle iron, taking into account 1 waffle – 1 croissant.
- Hold tightly and wait for the cooking signal that the Croffle is done cooking.
- Decorate warm waffles with whipped cream, blueberries, and strawberries.
- Eat and Enjoy!
Do not use baked croissants! You must purchase dough for this recipe.
pin this for later!