Looking for a delicious and easy dessert that’s perfect for one person? Look no further than this single-serve chocolate vegan mug cake recipe! This mug cake is made without any eggs or cow’s milk, making it an excellent option for those with a vegan diet.
Plus, it’s super easy to make – just mix all the ingredients together in a mug and microwave for a few minutes. The result is a rich and chocolatey mug cake that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. So next time you’re in the mood for a dessert but don’t want to make a whole batch, give this single serve chocolate vegan mug cake a try.
Ingredients Needed To Make A Chocolate Vegan Mug Cake
You just need a handful of ingredients you probably already have on hand for this vegan chocolate mug cake recipe.
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Granulated sugar (substitute: maple syrup or coconut sugar)
- Vanilla Extract
- Baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Almond milk (substitute: any other non-dairy milk such as Oat Milk or Soy Milk)
- Vegetable Oil (substitute: Canola Oil or Coconut Oil)
- Optional: Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Optional: Powdered Sugar
Equipment Needed To Make This Vegan Mug Cake Recipe
To make this recipe you just need your microwave, a 12 ounce ramekin or mug, a glass measuring cup, and a spoon.
How To Make A Vegan Microwave Mug Cake
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s Get Cooking This Easy Vegan Mug Cake Recipe
Single serve desserts are great when you’re craving something sweet but don’t have time to make something elaborate. That’s where a single serve vegan mug cake comes in.
To make this easy one-serving dessert, all you need is a microwave-safe mug, and a couple ingredients you probably already have on hand. Add all the ingredients to the mug and microwave for about 90 seconds – that’s it! You can serve this vegan microwave cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You’ll know the cake is done when it’s puffed up and slightly firm. Let the cake cool, then enjoy! It’s that simple! And the best part is that the whole cake is a single serving just for you. Let us know below in the comments if you try this vegan mug cake recipe.Print
Looking for a delicious and easy dessert that’s perfect for one person? Look no further than this single-serve chocolate vegan mug cake recipe! This mug cake is made without any eggs or cow’s milk, making it an excellent option for those with dietary restrictions.
- 4 tablespoons All-purpose Flour (30 grams)
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder (15 grams)
- 3 tablespoons Granulated Sugar (37 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder (2 grams)
- Pinch of Salt (1 gram)
- 4 tablespoons Almond Milk (or other dairy-free milk) (60 ml)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil (15 ml)
- Cooking Oil Spray (use avocado or olive oil spray with no propellants)
- Optional: Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Optional: Scoop of Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream
- Spray a 12oz microwave safe ramekin or mug with cooking spray.
- In a glass measuring cup with a spout combine all the dry ingredients.
- Whisk (or stir with a fork) to evenly distribute everything.
- Add in the almond milk and oil. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared mug.
- Cook in the microwave on full power for 75-90 seconds. If your microwave is weaker you can go to 2 minutes.
- Allow to sit for at least 5 minutes before eating.
- Optional: Dust with powdered sugar to serve.
- If you don’t have a measuring set consider investing in a food scale for this recipe so you can have accurate measurements and don’t need to dirty extra dishes for this dessert